Visual Studio must be installed before you can install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer Toolkit. or you get the dreaded “visual studio .net must be installed before you can install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer Toolkit”
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 (NOTE: Since VS2012 is also old, it needs supplements. Please download the service pack called “Update 4”)
- Silverlight 4. (NOTE: This is a requirement for VS2010. You can create Silverlight projects in VS2012 OOB withing any additional installs.)
- Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 (Download)
As usual I started with most obvious path to solving all problems, Google. Results pointed to the obvious to scary.Here you go.
- Go and “run as administrator” the PowerShell (x86)
- Locate the folder that contains the .msi file (cd c:\…. etc)
- run the powershell command: MSIEXEC /i crmdevelopertools_installer.msi